Photos for internet dating london moroccan girls dating
Later Mughals and many semi-autonomous tribes ruled over Sukkur. In 1833, Shah Shuja (a warlord of Kandahar, Afghanistan) defeated the Talpurs near Sukkur and later made a solemn treaty with the Talpur ruler, by which he relinquished all claims on Sindh.In 1843, Sukkur, along with the rest of Sindh, came under British rule until the independence of Pakistan in 1947. Lansdowne Bridge, linking Sukkur and Rohri, was inaugurated on March 27, 1889.Alor (or Aror, Sukkur) held the status of capital under the reign of Musikanos, when Alexander invaded the region in 326 BC.The ruins of this ancient town still exist, 8 km east of Rohri, in Sukkur district. In 711 AD, the Arabs invaded Sindh, led by 17-year-old Muhammad bin Qasim, and Sukkur (including all of Sindh and lower Punjab) became part of the Umayyad Caliphate.The bridge provided the railway link between Lahore and the port of Karachi.Later, the arched Ayub Bridge was inaugurated on May 6, 1962 and railway traffic was shifted there.You will also get free access to the full dating database of thousands of dating profiles of Beautiful East European women as only a portion of them is included in our gallery - with a free membership you can discover many more drop dead beautiful ladies looking for a man just like you than those featured in the galleries.
It was the largest irrigation project ever undertaken, and irrigates the farmlands through its seven large canals. In November 2004, the government of Pakistan initiated a rehabilitation project to revitalize its water storage capacity and distribution efficiency. The experts claim that the rehabilitation of the barrage has increased its life for another 60 to 70 years. This rare edition of The Daily Gazette (later became The Sind Gazette) shows the Viceroy of India, Lord Willingdon, who inaugurated the Lloyd Barrage (built over Indus River near Sukkur) on 13 January 1932. The scheme had been launched by the Governor of Bombay, Sir George Ambrose Lloyd for whom it was named. The Shrine of War Mubarak is located near Rohri Railway station towards Sukkur.
This conical shaped minaret was built around 1607 AD (26 metres in circumference, 31 metres in height with 84 steps to the top). A building on the southern side of the hill is called Satbhain (Seven Sisters). It is a sacred pilgrimage place for Hindus throughout Sindh and even in India. To visit Sadh Belo one requires a permission from the department of Auqaf to go there. The shrine of a saint Khawaja Khizar, known as ‘Zinda Pir’ (also called “Jind Pir”) was built around 925 AD on a small island called “Hajee ka Tau” located north of Bukkur island fort, Sukkur.
According to folklore seven unmarried female friends resided here who veiled themselves from all males. It was initially for the children of railway personnel, but in 1897 it was opened to all local people. Unfortunately except the island, nothing much remains of this structure today. A guard is standing outside a bungalow close to railway line and Indus River in Sukkur. The photograph taken by Henry Cousens shows the shrine of a saint Khawaja Khizar, known as ‘Zinda Pir’ (also called “Jind Pir”).
About a hundred feet apart, the two bridges seem like one from a distance. Ayub Bridge (Ayub Arch) is a railway bridge over the Indus river between Rohri and Sukkur in Sindh province, Pakistan.
This steel arch bridge was inaugurated by President Muhammad Ayub Khan on .